AAA Oklahoma today announced the recipients of the 2012 School Safety Patrol and Adult School Crossing Guards of the Year awards. These ambassadors of traffic safety play a crucial role daily in keeping students safe as they walk to and from school.
2012 AAA School Safety Patrollers of the Year
· John Moore – Leisure Park Elementary School / Broken Arrow Public Schools
· B.J. Lambert – Park Elementary School / Tulsa Public Schools
· Freedom Abernathy – Briarglen Elementary School / Union Public Schools
2012 AAA Adult School Crossing Guards of the Year
· Ruth Musgrove – Truman Elementary School / Norman
· Norma Armstrong – MacArthur High School / Lawton
· Donna Burdett – Sooner Elementary School / Moore
“These school students and adults have thankless jobs that start early in the morning, in a wide variety of weather conditions that only Oklahoma can bring. We salute them for their tireless efforts,” said Chuck Mai, spokesman for AAA Oklahoma.
Nominations for the awards were submitted by teachers, parents and others in early 2012.
The AAA School Safety Patrol Program was established in 1920 and now has active patrol units in more than 250 schools across Oklahoma. The program uses fifth-and sixth-grade students to serve as a second set of eyes and ears for their classmates as they cross the street.
“Our Safety Patrol members are carrying the torch of responsibility into the schools and teaching other students the valuable and life-saving principles we all know as traffic safety,” said Mai.
To find out more go to www.AAA.com/SchoolSafety. Nominations for the 2013 awards will be accepted starting in January.
Cut pounds of stomach fat every week by using this 1 weird old tip.