Layered Pumpkin Dessert features Twinkies as an ingredient
Melba's Swap Shop offered a recipe featuring Twinkies in 2008. Make it now in time for Thanksgiving and before the sugary snack expires in the pantry.
If you stockpiled Twinkies with the news that Hostess Brands was shutting its doors and don't know what to do with the extra snacks, Melba Lovelace, of Melba's Swap Shop, offered this recipe in 2008:
Videoview all videos
Nov 16Twinkies may soon be no more, with the closing of Hostess...
Photoview all 7 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Layered Pumpkin Dessert
1 box (15 ounces) Hostess Twinkies
1 container (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 container (8 ounces) prepared whipped topping
2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup milk
Additional pumpkin pie spice
• Slice Twinkies in half lengthwise. Place, cream side up, in single layer in 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
• In large bowl, with electric mixer, blend cream cheese, sugar and half the whipped topping until smooth. Spread evenly over Twinkies.
• Whisk pudding mixes, pumpkin, spice and milk until blended. Layer over cream cheese mixture. Spread with remaining whipped topping. Lightly sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice. Refrigerate until set. Makes nine to 12 servings.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims