Oklahoma man’s quest to return from Middle East gets online petition support
An online petition has been launched to help gain public support for a Muslim man and Oklahoma native who has been prevented from returning to the United States.
An online petition drive launched on behalf of a Muslim man from Oklahoma has garnered more than 6,000 signatures of people asking the U.S. government to take the man off its “no-fly” list.
Saddiq Long, a McAlester native, has been teaching English in the Middle East since 2000.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort