Oklahoma business briefs for Nov. 17, 2012
Tulsa County to get safety checkpoints
Tulsa to get checkpoints
Officers from the Oklahoma Insurance Department and the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Department will work together beginning Saturday to operate driver safety checkpoints in Tulsa County looking for uninsured drivers. One in four Oklahoma drivers does not have the minimum liability coverage required by state law, Insurance Commissioner John D. Doak said. “That is one reason we have some of the highest auto insurance rates in the country,” Doak said. The first safety checkpoint is scheduled from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. The Insurance Department also is working with the Oklahoma Highway Patrol to combat the issue. On Thanksgiving, Doak and members of the agency’s Anti-Fraud Unit will conduct ride-alongs with troopers. “We need to raise awareness about the seriousness of this problem,” Doak said.
Southwest Bancorp names two
STILLWATER — Southwest Bancorp Inc., parent of Stillwater National Bank, has named Russell W. Teubner as board chairman and hired Joe T. Shockley Jr. as chief financial officer. Teubner, a...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 17700Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8160OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6118Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5947OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4682Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4603Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater