OU recruiting: Broken Arrow's Devon Thomas commits to Sooners
Junior running back announces via Twitter his decision just as OU was wrapping up its victory against West Virginia.
A night after his team's season ended and just as Oklahoma's win over West Virginia was wrapping up, Broken Arrow junior running back Devon Thomas announced his intention to commit to the Sooners.
“Well, i have decided.... im gonna commit to the university of Oklahoma #Sooners,” Thomas tweeted.
His commitment was later confirmed.
Thomas becomes the second player to commit to the Sooners from the 2014 class, joining Texas City, Texas, wide receiver Armanti Foreman.
Thomas (5-foot-10, 190 pounds) carried 17 times for 58 yards in Broken Arrow's 24-16 loss to Norman North on Friday night.
He also has offers from Oklahoma State, Clemson, Houston and West Virginia.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments