Oklahoma football: Kenny Stills says last TD was all Landry Jones
OU receiver Kenny Stills said, “That was all on him. His was preparation and film study took care of business. He saw that I'd be open.”
OU coach Bob Stoops: “Our special teams were really excellent through the day. We did miss a field goal, but kicking deep to him (Tavon Austin) all day is hard to do. You're holding your breath, and we covered great on all of those kickoffs.”
Videoview all videos
Nov 18Landry Jones threw for 554 yards and 6 touchdowns, four...
Nov 18Berry Tramel and Jason Kersey recap the Sooners' 50-49...
Photoview all 23 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen, on playing Tavon Austin at tailback: “We haven't been able to run the ball, so we had to do something. It probably should have been done four years ago. He is a tremendous football player and was the best player on the field.”
OU receiver Kenny Stills, on catching the game-winning touchdown pass from Landry Jones: “It was a check that he made. He saw the coverage. He saw the inside. That was all on him. His was preparation and film study took care of business. He saw that I'd be open.”
Holgorsen on going for a 2-point conversion down 38-36 early in the fourth quarter, the first of two missed 2-point conversions: “By the book, it says go for two. We went for two. We had a great throw. Stedman (Bailey) dropped the ball. Stedman had 13 catches for 205 (yards) and four TDs, but he dropped the ball. He's got to make that play.”
Stoops: “You get in those tight games, and it's who is going to make those tight plays at the end of the game to get the win. Fortunately, we were able to do it this time, and execute well when we had to, and put it in there at the end.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20729Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17578Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11978Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 8989Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8551Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8339Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments