Oklahoma State football: 2013 schedule heavy on games in Texas
The Big 12 on Tuesday released its tentative 2013 schedule, a slate that features just one OSU home game in September. That contest will be on Sept. 14 against Lamar, a Football Championship Subdivision school.
STILLWATER — Oklahoma State football fans who want to see the Cowboys play in person early in the 2013 season may need to book a trip to Texas.
Videoview all videos
Nov 20OSU's Bedlam game vs. OU will play a huge role when it...
Nov 20OU prepares for Bedlam.
Nov 20OU's defense is addressed.
Nov 20Justin Brown will be among the players honored during...
Photoview all 7 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
OSU's football schedule, released by the Big 12 Tuesday afternoon, reveals a slate that features just one September game at Boone Pickens Stadium: Sept. 14 against Lamar, a Football Championship Subdivision school.
Instead, the Cowboys' early season will include plenty of time in the Lone Star State. OSU opens on Aug. 31 with a marquee nonconference game against Mississippi State at Reliant Stadium in Houston in the Texas Kickoff Classic. The next week, the Cowboys play Texas-San Antonio at the Alamodome.
Here are five other highlights of the OSU schedule:
Cowboy coach Mike Gundy has been adamant about his desire to play the easiest nonconference schedule possible. That won't happen in 2013, with the Cowboys beginning the season on a neutral field against a Mississippi State squad that Dan Mullen has built into a program that was ranked for much of the 2012 season. But the marquee matchup on college football's opening weekend will give the Cowboys plenty of television eyeballs and exposure, both nationally and in an area OSU recruits heavily.
OSU plays four games in the state of Texas next season. Following the back-to-back nonconference games in Houston and San Antonio, the Cowboys will travel to Texas Tech on Nov. 2 and Texas on Nov. 16. OSU plays TCU at home for the second consecutive season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21361Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10815Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8633Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8589Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8336Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7789Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7697Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister