Need for analysis of benefits of electric cars
BobbyStem (Point of View, Nov. 17) is correct in calling attention to some possibly negative aspects of the use of electric cars. I've yet to see a reasonably complete analysis of the overall benefits of electric cars with respect to the environment and efficiency. To drive an electric car, batteries need to be charged. This requires oil, coal and the like. It would be interesting to see how much oil or coal or gas is necessary to drive an electric car, say, 100 miles.
NewsOK Related Articles
Leon W. Zelby, Norman
Zelby is professor emeritus at the University of Oklahoma's School of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 37007Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32519Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27986Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 8311Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6200OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3643College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3643Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?