Go Local, Go Fast with this Pie Recipe
The Made in Oklahoma Coalition has the solution to your last-minute Thanksgiving pie needs.
Thanksgiving is Thursday, and the task list is piling up while counter and oven space is dwindling — and you haven't made a pecan pie yet.
The Made in Oklahoma Coalition is here to help with this super fast, super affordable way of getting a great pecan pie on the table with minimal effort and just enough work for you to be able to take credit for “making” it. The solution is a frozen pie from Field's and a few other Oklahoma products.
Pecan Pie with Caramel-Pecan Topping
1 Field's Pecan Pie, thawed
1 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons Griffin's white corn syrup
4 tablespoons Hiland butter
¼ cup Hiland heavy whipping cream
½ cup chopped pecans
Remove Field's Pecan Pie from box, and set aside.
In a deep-sided saucepan or Dutch oven, heat sugar and corn syrup on medium-high heat. Cook, while stirring, until it comes to a boil. Turn heat to low, then quickly add butter and cream. Cook another five minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and stir in pecans.
Pour topping over pie. Store in refrigerator until serving.
You can find these recipes and more on the MIO website, www.miocoalition.com, or download the free MIO iPhone app to find recipes, restaurants and more by visiting www.miocoalition.com/mioapp/.
SOURCE: The Made in Oklahoma Coalition.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments