Oklahoma State football notebook: Trip to Norman new experience for several Cowboys
Coach Mike Gundy doesn't think a rowdy Owen Field crowd will bother OSU, which has played in several other hostile environments
Because of conference realignment, Bedlam has not been played in Norman since 2009.
That means several current Oklahoma State players have never experienced the rivalry atmosphere at Owen Field.
Videoview all videos
Nov 20OSU's Bedlam game vs. OU will play a huge role when it...
Nov 20OU prepares for Bedlam.
Nov 20OU's defense is addressed.
Nov 20Justin Brown will be among the players honored during...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
OSU coach Mike Gundy said he expects a rowdy Sooner crowd on Saturday afternoon, but believes his Cowboys are equipped to handle it because of their previous experience playing in other hostile road environments with high stakes.
“Certainly, there's an advantage with playing at home,” Gundy said. “I don't think anybody would deny that. But I think these guys have played in big games on the road.
“They've played at Texas two years in a row and played in the Fiesta Bowl and played at Missouri when they were ranked real high and at (Texas) A&M. So I think it shouldn't really factor in other than typical home-field advantage.”
OSU has been one of the nation's best road teams in recent seasons, posting a 15-4 record in its last 19 contests away from Boone Pickens Stadium. But the Cowboys are just 1-2 on the road this season, with losses to Arizona and Kansas State and a 20-14 closer-than-expected victory over Kansas.
OFFENSIVE LINE SHUFFLES
Gundy knows better than to question Cowboy offensive line coach Joe Wickline's musical chairs on the offensive line.
But that hadn't really been the case so far in 2012, with OSU running out the same starting five — Parker Graham, Jonathan Rush, Evan Epstein, Lane Taylor and Daniel Koenig — in seven of its first nine games.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit