Bedlam football: Kasey Taylor divided between Sooner roots, Cowboy husband
Wife of OSU right guard Lane Taylor was a big OU fan growing up, but will be wearing orange on Saturday.
STILLWATER — Kasey Taylor came home from the hospital wearing a onesie with the Oklahoma Sooner logo on the front.
She grew up thinking OU was her dream school.
But Saturday afternoon at Owen Field, she'll be wearing orange. A No. 68 Oklahoma State jersey, to be exact.
Kasey is the wife of Lane Taylor, the Cowboys' starting right guard and senior anchor of another dependable offensive line in Stillwater.
Bedlam week often brings stories of households, friendships and, yes, marriages that are divided by loyalty to the Sooners and Cowboys. Kasey Taylor (formerly Noel) is split between her Sooner roots and Cowboy husband.
“I don't know if I can get her (completely converted to OSU),” Lane said with a grin. “She's deep. She's always been an OU fan.”
Kasey spent much of her childhood living in Oklahoma City. Her mom graduated from OSU, but her dad passed on his passion for the Sooners.
So Kasey was set on attending OU and even enrolled at the school. But the week she was scheduled to move into her dorm in Norman, she got a letter from OSU offering her a scholarship.
The financial help was enough to make a last-minute switch to OSU. And switching to OSU led her to Lane.
They first met in a summer government class in July of 2009, and a friendship gradually turned into romance.
Shortly after Lane and Kasey started dating, Kasey told her dad she had met someone at OSU. He joked that they'd have to try to convert him to the Sooner side.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20967Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17573Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12128Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9661Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9194Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8604Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8594Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense