Longtime educator at St. Mary’s Episcopal School in Edmond is set to retire
Nancy Hetherington has been head of St. Mary’s Episcopal School in Edmond since 1990 and said the time is right for new leadership.
EDMOND — Nancy Hetherington keeps a painting of her first fifth-grade class hanging near her desk. In 1995, they were the first to leave for middle school from St. Mary’s Episcopal School in Edmond.
She keeps the picture up as a reminder of how the school has grown. After 23 years as head of school and more than 30 years working at St. Mary’s, Hetherington will retire in May.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 58670Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34839Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 11019Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8824Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5821Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3796OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins