Oklahoma teen dies after Caddo County crash
Sabrina Birch, 17, of Gracemont, died Friday after she was ejected from a pickup that crashed on U.S. 281, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
A Gracemont teenager died after a one-vehicle accident late Friday in Caddo County, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
Sabrina Birch, 17, was thrown from a pickup after its driver, Colby Ruthardt, 17, of Minco, fell asleep and crashed on U.S. 281, troopers reported.
The accident occurred just before 9 p.m. about a half-mile north of County Road 1220.
Birch died just after midnight Saturday at OU Medical Center.
Birch was not wearing a seat belt, the patrol reported.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad