Oklahoma football: Sooners' Aaron Colvin adds sacks to his defensive arsenal
NORMAN — Aaron Colvin smiled at the thought of Colvin Island being relocated behind the opponent's offensive line. The junior from Owasso had the first sack of his career Saturday in Oklahoma's 51-48 defeat of Oklahoma State.
Videoview all videos
Nov 25In his last game on Owen Field, OU senior quarterback...
Photoview all 104 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
During Oklahoma State's first drive of the second quarter Colvin sacked OSU quarterback Clint Chelf for a four-yard loss. The cornerback added a second sack late in the third quarter for a loss of 10 yards.
“Colvin Island” is the nickname given to the area of the defensive backfield Colvin defends during games.
“I don't know if sacks goes along with Colvin Island but if it does it does,” Colvin said.
This was a crazy momentum-shifting game. How do you handle the swings?
You just have to take it as they come. You just got to keep playing. It's a rivalry game so anything can happen and we knew that we were going to get their best shot and they were going to get ours.
Is this the kind of game where you just don't look at the scoreboard because of that swing?
It really is when you realize you still have a chance to win the game, you just don't look at the score because anything can happen like you guys saw today. They were up a lot of the game and we came back at the end.
When you knew that the offense had the ball and the chance to win it, did you feel pretty good after the last two weeks and what they've been doing?
Honestly, I was 100 percent sure we were going to win that game. I was that sure in the offense.
Being a guy from Oklahoma, where does this rank in your memory?
It's definitely one or two. It's probably one. I've never really been in that tight of a game and go in overtime like that and come out like that.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12675Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11502Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6315Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5431Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 5078Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4467OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3964How to help tornado victims