Sensory experiences planned at Oklahoma City’s Martin Park Nature Center
A series of monthly events on Saturdays has started at Martin Park Nature Center in Oklahoma City. The sensory experience events continue through February.
For those who live life with disabilities or developmental challenges, experiencing nature in a public park may not always be as easy as it is for others.
Martin Park Nature Center in northwest Oklahoma City has set up a series of monthly events geared toward helping people experience the outdoors, park naturalist Emily Hiatt said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 72395Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14464Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8451Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7239How to help tornado victims
- 6453Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6316Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6292Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community