Oklahoma City Thunder players make 1,000th community appearance
Thunder players at a nursing home and an elementary school on Tuesday marked the 1,000th community outreach appearance by basketball team members in the community since the Thunder arrived in Oklahoma City.
Members of the Oklahoma City Thunder visited Ranchwood Nursing Center in Yukon on Tuesday for the center's holiday party. Mascot Rumble and the Thunder Girls also entertained residents. The Ranchwood appearance and another at an Oklahoma City elementary school at the same time marked the 1,000th community outreach appearance Thunder players have made since the team arrived in Oklahoma City, Thunder officials said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 97533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13957Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9425Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8660Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 8311OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 7700How to help tornado victims
- 7421Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges