Oklahoma City Thunder players make 1,000th community appearance
Thunder players at a nursing home and an elementary school on Tuesday marked the 1,000th community outreach appearance by basketball team members in the community since the Thunder arrived in Oklahoma City.
Members of the Oklahoma City Thunder visited Ranchwood Nursing Center in Yukon on Tuesday for the center's holiday party. Mascot Rumble and the Thunder Girls also entertained residents. The Ranchwood appearance and another at an Oklahoma City elementary school at the same time marked the 1,000th community outreach appearance Thunder players have made since the team arrived in Oklahoma City, Thunder officials said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 21361Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10815Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8633Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8589Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8336Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7789Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7697Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister