Oklahoma Rep. Tom Cole says GOP should lock in middle-class tax cuts
As country gets closer to fiscal cliff, Oklahoma Republican says 98 percent of U.S. taxpayers shouldn’t be used as leverage in negotiations.
WASHINGTON — Rep. Tom Cole says he was just responding to a question from a colleague about the political calculations for Republicans in the ongoing budget negotiations.
But Cole’s response — that Republicans should accept a deal to retain tax cuts for the middle class and fight over the tax rates for the upper brackets later — generated a media frenzy...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims