Athletes showing disrespect during National Anthem
I agree with Larry Stein (Your Views, Nov. 23) regarding professional athletes showing disrespect while the national anthem is being played. I'm tired of watching the show of disrespect by overpaid, egotistical, ungrateful, prima donna professional football players and coaches. I wish the networks would just stop showing the playing of the national anthem at professional football games and sell the advertising time. At least I can mute the commercials.
David Read, Oklahoma City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 14417OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 14044Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8989Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7004Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5982Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5451Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5357Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss