Arrest warrant issued for Oklahoma City police officer
An arrest warrant was issued Friday for an Oklahoma City police officer accused of punching someone in the face while off duty at a bar earlier this month.
An arrest warrant has been issued for an Oklahoma City police officer accused of punching a man at a bar while off duty.
Police Capt. Dexter Nelson confirmed Friday that officer Kris Hunter has been charged in the case and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
NewsOK Related Articles
Nelson said he expects the officer will turn himself in.
The victim, Jeremy Popisil, told police Hunter and two of his friends sat down next to him Nov. 11 at the bar at Sipango Lounge, 4301 N Western Ave.
The conversation became confrontational after Popisil recognized Hunter as the man he believed had an affair with his wife several months ago. Popisil and his wife are in the midst of a divorce, he said.
Popisil tried to get Hunter to admit to the affair and called him a name. He said Hunter then punched him in the face several times before running out of the bar.
Hunter has been on leave since the incident. He is a 10-year veteran of the department.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 24265Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15789Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10553Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9606Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9126Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8599Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8494Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena