Police investigate Oklahoma City shooting that killed man, injured another
One person is dead and another was injured after a shooting Friday morning in Oklahoma City.
Police are looking for witnesses after a man was shot to death and another man was injured in northwest Oklahoma City.
Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said police were called to a shooting about 2:30 a.m. at 6712 W Wilshire Blvd. When they arrived, they found Lance Demetrice Mitchell, 37, who was pronounced dead at the scene. A second victim was taken to a hospital and is in fair condition, police said.
Wardlow said investigators are speaking with potential witnesses and are looking for others who might have information about the shooting.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister