University of Oklahoma lighting ceremony embraces all religions
The holiday season officially got under way Wednesday at the University of Oklahoma in Norman with the lighting of a Christmas tree and menorah, and speeches that embraced all religions.
NORMAN — The University of Oklahoma marked the beginning of the holiday season Wednesday with the lighting of a Christmas tree and a menorah at David A. Burr Park on the OU campus.
The Singing Sooners and the OU Wind Symphony Brass performed holiday music; Santa Claus and his elves paid a visit; and university President David L. Boren and others spoke briefly about embracing all religions.
Finals preparation week starts Monday, and finals week is Dec. 10-14. Classes will resume Jan. 14.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15918Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8813OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6389Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5669Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5503OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4833Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater