Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 30612Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15589Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10266Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9653Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9634Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8172Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8167Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7475Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6996Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6363UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
French toast as stuffed and jolly as Santa himself
ALISON LADMANThe Associated Press | Published: November 30, 2012 | Modified: November 30, 2012 at 6:23 pm
If you can make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and fry an egg, you already have all the skills needed to make this incredible Christmas morning stuffed French toast.
We start with cinnamon swirl bread and make sandwiches using cream cheese spiked with dried cranberries and crystalized ginger. Dunk the sandwiches in eggs blended with cinnamon and a bit more ginger, then toss them in the pan. But don't forget the maple syrup!
Want to get a jump on this the night before? Prepare the sandwiches up to the step of soaking them in the egg mixture. Refrigerate them until morning, then proceed as directed. You'll have delicious French toast on the table in less time than it takes for the kids to empty their stockings.
CRANBERRY CREAM CHEESE STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
Start to finish: 20 minutes
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
1 tablespoon honey
8 slices cinnamon swirl bread
2/3 cup fat-free half-and-half