Filing begins Monday for Oklahoma school board seats
Candidates can declare their intention to run for school board beginning Monday but must have their declarations of candidacy in by 5 p.m. Wednesday to appear on the February 12 ballot.
Candidates who wish to run for their local school board can file for office beginning 8 a.m. Monday and ending 5 p.m. Wednesday.
The statewide annual school board election is scheduled for Feb. 12. Several seats are open in the metro area.
NewsOK Related Articles
Potential candidates must file their declarations of candidacy at the county election board that is the parent county for the office.
The declaration must be notarized by a Notary Public.
Requirements for school board members include: board members must live within the district they serve, have lived in the district for at least six months, have been a registered voter within the district for six months.
Additionally, board members are required to have a high school diploma or the equivalent certificate.
Board members also cannot be currently employed by the school district governed by the board, or related to any of the other board members or any employee of the school district.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 51863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14915Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9511Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7474Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6783Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6733Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims