Alcoholic beverage law enforcement varies from case to case, Oklahoma records show
While it hasn’t generated many this year in the Oklahoma City area, the state’s Alcoholic Beverage Laws Enforcement Commission has handed out hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines and meted out other forms of punishment in recent years.
Even though it’s best known for conducting undercover sting operations to catch clerks selling alcohol to minors and busting up beer-tasting events, the Alcoholic Beverage Laws Enforcement Commission has handled a variety of cases in Oklahoma City in recent years.
Since 2010, the ABLE Commission has issued at least 12 fines in excess of $2,000 in the state’s western district, which includes Oklahoma City.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 73942Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30870Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27865Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 22757Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6762Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6400Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 6313Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City