Small fire damages northeast Oklahoma City house

A space heater toppled into a pile of clothes just after 11 a.m. Saturday, igniting a fire that burned the master bedroom and attic at 1144 Carverdale Dr., Oklahoma City fire officials said.
Oklahoman Modified: December 1, 2012 at 9:12 pm •  Published: December 1, 2012
Advertisement
;

Fire damages northeast OKC home

A toppled space heater ignited a small fire Saturday morning in a northeast Oklahoma City home.

Firefighters extinguished the flames at 1144 Carverdale Drive before the fire spread beyond the master bedroom and attic, said Felton Morgan, a battalion chief with the city fire department.

A neighbor reported the fire about 11:15 a.m. after smelling smoke, Morgan said. The home's renters were not there, and no one was injured.

Morgan said firefighters were not sure what knocked the space heater over and into a pile of clothes. Firefighters did not find any pets in the home, he said.

Damage was limited to just a few thousand dollars, he said.

“The mornings have been colder and people start dragging their space heaters out,” he said. “Winter's our worst time of year.”


Advertisement


Trending Now



AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Hotel leaves Oklahoma City Thunder opponents telling ghost stories
  2. 2
    Check out the Thunder postseason playlist
  3. 3
    VIDEO: Blake Griffin dumps water on a fan
  4. 4
    Oklahoma City Thunder: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes calls drug suspension unfair
  5. 5
    Dave Chappelle Reveals Shockingly Buff New Look
+ show more