Oklahoma football: Newcomers Damien Williams, Jalen Saunders lead Sooners past Big 12 newcomer TCU
FORT WORTH, Texas — Against Big 12 newcomer TCU, two Oklahoma newcomers carried the Sooner offense to a 24-17 victory.
Videoview all videos
Dec 2The Sooners' defense stepped up and preserved a 24-17 win...
Dec 1Berry Tramel and Jason Kersey explain how the Sooners...
Photoview all 58 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Transfers Damien Williams and Jalen Saunders combined for all three of Oklahoma's touchdowns — two in the air and one on the ground — to give Oklahoma at least a share of the Big 12 Conference title.
Williams cradled a third-quarter handoff, found the hole and took off.
Sixty-six yards later he crossed the goal line. Not a single defender touched him.
“Mr. Untouchable,” fellow running back Brennan Clay dubbed Williams.
“Damien had another huge day running the football, which he's capable of when his ankle isn't hurt,” Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said. ”Jalen is always sensational. He comes up with big plays. He's got excellent feet and quickness. Those guys made big plays.”
Saunders' big play came on a huge third-down reception at the end of the first half..
Late in the first half, OU quarterback Landry Jones drove the Sooners deep into TCU territory with five straight completions — two passes to Saunders, two to Justin Brown and one to Sterling Shepard.
After two handoffs to Williams took OU to the TCU nine-yard line, OU seemingly stalled out.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90293Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14176Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8859Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7859Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7626Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7605How to help tornado victims
- 6854OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents