Oklahoma State football: Alamo, Buffalo Wild Wings, Holiday bowls on the table for Cowboys
Following its 41-34 loss at Baylor to close out the regular season, Oklahoma State's bowl possibilities have shifted. The official announcement of where the Cowboys will play their postseason football will come Sunday, but here's a look at the most likely destinations:
Videoview all videos
Dec 1Costly mistakes and turnovers led to a 41-34 loss to...
Dec 1The Cowboys lose the final game of the year to Baylor,...
Photoview all 24 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Dec. 29 in San Antonio
With Kansas State and Oklahoma both expected to be BCS-bound, this is the natural landing spot for the Big 12's fourth-place team. But will the Alamo instead opt to select TCU, one of the conference's new teams and a fan base that would be excited to travel to San Antonio? This bowl would feature a Pac-12 opponent, most likely UCLA or Oregon State.
BUFFALO WILD WINGS BOWL
Dec. 29 in Tempe, Ariz.
If TCU is the Alamo's pick, the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl is next in line. OSU and Texas Tech are both reportedly on the bowl's radar, though the Cowboys played in the desert — albeit in the Fiesta Bowl — last season. This bowl would feature a Big Ten opponent, most likely Michigan State.
Dec. 27 in San Diego
It's hard to imagine the Cowboys falling any farther than this. OSU last played in San Diego in 2008. This bowl would feature a Pac-12 team, most likely Oregon State or UCLA.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12675Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11502Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6315Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5431Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 5078Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4467OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3964How to help tornado victims