U-Bild: Oak ice box is still cool
Don and Dave Runyan provide plans for carpentry projects.
Like potbellied stoves and pie safes, oak ice boxes were once part of every kitchen’s standard equipment. Although modern refrigerators made them obsolete years ago, ice boxes like this one are still popular — only this time with collectors rather than homemakers.
This handsome and authentic do-it-yourself version is an affordable alternative to rare and expensive originals. Today the project is at home in almost any room of the house, and makes an...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 97533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13957Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9425Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8660Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 8311OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 7700How to help tornado victims
- 7421Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges