An Oklahoma County sheriff’s major confronted his attackers shortly before being shot, witness testifies
Christopher Travis Baker is charged in a May 2011 shooting and robbery outside Cattlemen’s Steakhouse in Oklahoma City that left John Waldenville blind in one eye.
A police officer grew emotional Tuesday as she recounted holding the hand of a sheriff’s major as he lay bleeding with a gunshot wound above his right eye.
“I was just telling him to keep fighting, that he could make it through,” Katie Lawson testified during the trial of a man charged with shooting and robbing John Waldenville who was carrying...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13287Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12869OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11351Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 10099Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8083Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5913Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5414Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers