Norman police captain retires to become county commissioner
Capt. Darry Stacy has retired after 23 years with the Norman Police Department. In January, he will be sworn in as a Cleveland County commissioner representing District 2, a seat being vacated by George Skinner, who served in that position for 22 years.
NORMAN — Capt. Darry Stacy has retired from the Norman Police Department after 23 years of service.
In January, Stacy, 45, a Republican, will take over the Cleveland County District 2 commissioner post being vacated by Republican George Skinner, 77, who has held that position for 22 years.
Stacy defeated two Republican challengers in June to win Skinner’s seat.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 17700Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8160OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6118Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5947OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4682Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4603Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater