Two fires reported in OKC metro area
Fire crews worked to put out fires in south Norman and in north Edmond Wednesday afternoon. Both fires are under control now.
Fire crews in Edmond, Oak Cliff and Norman worked to put out fires Wednesday afternoon.
A grass fire was reported near Waterloo and Coltrane roads, just north of Edmond. It has been contained by Edmond and Oak Cliff firefighters.
In Norman, firefighters were called to the wastewater treatment plant, 3500 S Jenkins Ave., Norman Deputy Fire Chief Jim Bailey said.
While contractors were working to replace a section of the plant's large rubber filters, a welder cutting a piece of iron sparked a fire, Bailey said. The fire burned across less than an acre. Smoke from burning rubber filters could be seen for miles.
No injuries were reported in either fire.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims