Holiday Mail for Heroes program runs until Friday
Cards are mailed to military members, veterans and their families.
Americans can send a card of thanks and support to members of the Armed Forces, veterans and their families until Friday as part of the Holiday Mail for Heroes program.
The Red Cross is inviting the public to send messages of thanks and holiday cheer by mailing them to:
Holiday Mail for Heroes
P.O. Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456
To ensure that cards are delivered in time for the holidays, they must be postmarked no later than Friday.
Individuals are asked to refrain from sending “care packages,” monetary donations, or using glitter or any other kinds of inserts with the cards. More information and card requirements are at www.redcross.org/holidaymail.
Volunteers are also needed to help distribute cards to military members and veterans in the community around the holidays. For more information on events or volunteering call 228-9500.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 100558Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15302OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13338Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8709Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8075Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8036How to help tornado victims
- 7986Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort