Oklahoma Mormon choir to mark Christmas with concerts
Oklahoma Mormons, along with singers from other faith traditions, will perform a free Christmas concert on Dec. 22 at the Civic Center Music Hall in downtown Oklahoma City.
A former director of the renowned Mormon Tabernacle Choir will visit Oklahoma City to direct a 300-voice choir of Oklahomans.
Craig Jessop will be guest conductor of the Oklahoma group for “Joy to the World,” two free Christmas concerts set for Dec. 22 at the Civic Center Music Hall in downtown Oklahoma City. The concerts are sponsored by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Central Oklahoma congregations.
Walter Hobbs, managing director for the concerts, said the challenge in coordinating a mass choir is the rehearsal requirements. He said people in the choir have been rehearsing together since...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 26273Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 15002Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7114OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5706Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5522OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4689Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3649Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater