Hallmarks of a winter trip to a state park include expansive skies, bird-watching and peacefulness
Winter offers a good opportunity to enjoy a state park retreat.
There’s a lot to be said when a family pulls up to a state park lodge or cabin for what will be a fun summer stay.
The excitement can be felt as fishing poles are unpacked or maybe hiking boots. But don’t forget, during the winter months, a family or group of friends can still have a wonderful time at a state lodge or cabin. And given the weather conditions, one can still partake of a variety of fun activities.
“A winter stay in an Oklahoma State Park cabin is perfect for a weekday or weekend trip with the family,” said Deby Snodgrass, director of the Oklahoma Department of Tourism and Recreation....
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 87014Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 81959Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34908Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 32757Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 16053Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13176Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 10447Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive