Oklahoma City Thunder: 17 years, $221 million, 30,016 points — those are Kobe-crazy numbers
The Thunder has a youngster, Kevin Durant, who might very well surpass those figures in the future.
Los Angeles Lakers great Kobe Bryant had some crazy career numbers heading into Friday night's contest against the Thunder with 30,016 points, 1,180 games, 43,077 minutes, 10,465 field goals, 7,546 free throws, 6,243 rebounds, 5,511 assists and 1,753 steals.
Videoview all videos
Dec 8Kevin Durant scored a game-high 36 points and Russell...
Dec 8Berry Tramel and John Rohde explain how the Thunder was...
Photoview all 21 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Bryant added 35 points, one game, 43½ minutes, 11 field goals, nine free throws, three rebounds, seven assists and three steals to those totals in the Lakers' 114-108 loss to OKC at Chesapeake Energy Arena.
Which career number does Bryant consider to be the craziest?
“This being 17 years for me (in the NBA),” Bryant said. “This is pretty crazy to me. Sometimes I just don't know what the hell I'm doing here. And to still be competing at a high level, that's funny.”
Actually, perhaps Bryant's most impressive career total is his salary to date: $221,435,108.
Selected 13th overall in the 1996 NBA Draft at the age of 17, the 34-year-old Bryant has spent half his life in the NBA.
Thunder forward Kevin Durant had 36 points Friday and now trails Bryant by 19,534 career points.
Friday was Durant's 400th NBA game and he is off to a much faster start to his career than Bryant.
In his first five seasons, Durant averaged 26.3 points per game compared to 18.5 points for Bryant in the same span.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 13258OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7144Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7131Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6694Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6025Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5256Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers