School board races shape up in Norman
Two candidates are vying for an open seat on the Norman Board of Education, and two candidates are seeking a spot on the Moore-Norman Technology Center Board of Education.
NORMAN — Two candidates will vie for the Norman school board seat being vacated by Darry Stacy.
Gary L. Barksdale, 512 Mimosa St., and Cindy K. Nashert, 1101 Rockland Ridge, filed last week for the post.
Stacy is vacating the seat to be sworn in as a Cleveland County commissioner. He will assume the District 2 post being vacated by George Skinner, who is retiring.
Two candidates have filed for the Moore-Norman Technology Center office being vacated by Doris Wedge.
Andy Sherrer, 120 Merkle Drive, and Tammy Maus, 4801 W Two Lakes Drive, have filed for the Office No. 3 board seat.
The election for both positions will be Feb. 12.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad