Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
In Your Eye presents 'Baskets and Baubles'
From staff reports | Published: December 10, 2012 | Modified: December 10, 2012 at 6:07 pm
"Baskets and Baubles," a show featuring the basketry and jewelry of artist Andrea Kissinger is on display In Your Eye Gallery, 3005-A Paseo, through Dec. 30.
Kissinger weaves reed baskets using a technique she adapted from traditional Cherokee double-walled basketry. Using these same soft organic forms, she also creates jewelry from coiled wire or recycled gift cards, materials she finds both "colorful and easy to manipulate," she said.
Gallery hours are noon to 6 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays and noon to 5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. For an appointment after hours call 525-2161.