Inmate found dead in cell at McAlester prison
Oklahoma State Penitentiary inmate, Mark Stacey, 43, was found unresponsive in his cell Sunday night, the corrections department reports.
MCALESTER — An Oklahoma State Penitentiary inmate was found unresponsive in his cell Sunday night, a corrections department spokesman said.
Mark Stacey, 43, was pronounced dead about 7:20 p.m. Stacey arrived at the penitentiary in November 2011, warden’s assistant Terry Crenshaw said.
According to the corrections department website, Stacey was in prison for possession of contraband in a penal institution and possession of a controlled dangerous substance. His body did not...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 51290Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14843Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9419Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7710Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7083Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6592Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6563Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes