Police report two dead in Norman crash
A crash involving six vehicles Tuesday morning in Norman left two people dead, police reported.
NORMAN — Two people are dead as a result of a crash Tuesday morning that involved six vehicles on N Flood Avenue at W Tecumseh Road, Norman police reported.
Capt. Tom Easley said preliminary information indicates a vehicle traveling south on Flood crossed into the northbound lanes, which caused five other vehicles to become involved.
Flood, which is also U.S. 77, was closed from Tecumseh Road to the Interstate 35/U.S. 77 exit until about 1:45 p.m., when it was reopened, Easley said. The accident happened about 7 a.m.
The names of the dead had not been released Tuesday night, although an Oklahoma City television station has reported that one of them is an Army National Guard soldier who recently returned from Afghanistan.
The station reported the family of David Gibbins Tompkins, 27, confirmed that he died in the crash.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes