Made in Oklahoma for the Holidays
The Made in Oklahoma Coalition offers treats for holiday fun.
December is full of family gatherings, gift-giving and eating, so the Made in Oklahoma Coalition has put together some recipes to make the season ring.
These tasty bites are worthy of a wassailing or New Year's count down and all the football that goes with them.
Each of these three recipes includes ingredients from the Made in Oklahoma Coalition, including products from Suan's Foods Inc., Bar-S Foods Co. and Braum's Ice Cream & Dairy Stores.
Pepper Jelly Brie Bites
2 packages frozen mini phyllo shells, thawed
5 ounces brie
1 jar Suan's Scotch Bonnet Pepper Jelly
Cilantro for garnish
Place phyllo shells on a cookie sheet. Fill each shell with half-teaspoon Suan's Scotch Bonnet Pepper Jelly. Fill each shell with a two-inch slice of brie. Bake at 350 degrees for five to six minutes. Top each with a sprig of cilantro.
1 6-ounce package Bar-S sliced, cooked ham
14 slices American cheese
1 7-ounce can whole green chiles, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
1 4-ounce jar pimiento pieces
Arrange 2 slices of ham lengthwise end-to-end, overlapping by 1 inch. Lay 2 cheese slices end-to-end in the center of the overlapping ham slices. At one end of the ham, stack strips of chiles and pimentos.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 72931Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14541Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8647Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7401How to help tornado victims
- 6540Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6504Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6358Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims