Toy giveaway in Oklahoma helps military families
Operation Homefront organized a third annual event this year to give the families toys, books, household goods and other items.
MIDWEST CITY — Surrounded by tables piled with toys, clothes, books and boxes filled with food and household items, Desirre DeLorge kept a lookout for Christmas gifts for her two children.
“This is really special to us,” said DeLorge, the wife of a deployed U.S. Air Force airman stationed at Tinker Air Force Base. “A lot of us here are one-income families or stay-at-home...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 17094Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9372Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9356Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6811Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6759Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6251Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit