Mayan prophecy sparks dread, celebration worldwide
MEXICO CITY — The clock is ticking down to Dec. 21, the supposed end of the Mayan calendar, and from China to California to Mexico, thousands are getting ready for what they think is going to be a fateful day.
The Maya didn't say much about what would happen next, after a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count comes to an end. So into that void have rushed occult writers, bloggers and New Age...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 72931Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14541Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8647Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7401How to help tornado victims
- 6540Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6504Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6358Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims