FAA’s medical institute marks 50 years
The Civil Aerospace Medical Institute, located at Oklahoma City’s Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center, trains pilots and flight crews on crash survival.
Big innovations in aviation safety are attributed to the work done at the Federal Aviation Administration’s Civil Aerospace Medical Institute in Oklahoma City, which is celebrating 50 years.
Acting FAA Administrator Michael Huerta and other officials visited the facility Wednesday for a tour and presentation led by Melchor Antunano, director of the institute.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims