Wings helps special needs adults find friendship
The nonprofit program in Edmond includes a gift shop that sells clients’ artwork.
EDMOND — Wings helps special needs adults find a place to belong once they are finished with high school.
Preston Olson, 25, has Down syndrome and began attending Wings about six years ago. His family members are among the founders of the nonprofit organization.
“I get to paint, make cards, I do Bible study, and I make pottery, vases, bowls and cups,” Olson said. “I have plenty of best friends there that I make things with.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11884OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10282Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7018Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5955Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5764Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4633Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4517Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers