Oklahoma insurance commissioner’s actions are a concern
WHAT a difference a few years makes. Insurance Commissioner John Doak has gone from saying his agency shouldn’t be responsible for doing most fraud investigations to declaring the agency needs police-level firepower to handle fraud investigations. Both claims are half-baked; each suggests a lack of seriousness about the job of insurance commissioner.
Shortly after taking office in 2011, Doak announced plans to lay off six of nine investigators in his anti-fraud unit. Deputy Insurance Commissioner Randy Brogdon said insurance companies needed...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12798Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12779Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12087OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10010Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8450Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6619Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6098Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated