Smartphones can soon be used to ‘e-hail' NYC taxis
NEW YORK — Raising your arm and yelling “taxi!” soon will be the old-fashioned way to nab a New York City cab. Instead, all you'll need is a smartphone app.
On Thursday, New York City's Taxi & Limousine Commission approved a plan that will allow riders to “e-hail” yellow cabs, starting Feb. 15 on a test basis.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad