Mug shots are open record, Oklahoma attorney general says
Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt released an opinion Thursday saying mug photos taken by law enforcement agencies are open records and must be released to the public on request.
Mug shots of people arrested by law enforcement officers are open records and must be released to the public when requested, according to an opinion released Thursday by Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt.
The opinion came after a request by state Sen. Ron Justice, R-Chickasha, and State Sen. Jim Halligan, R-Stillwater, asking if the photos are open record and whether they must be released in...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction