Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18759Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10409Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9339Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7780Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6796UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6582Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6410Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6209Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5448Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Helen Ford Wallace- Parties, Etc.- Dec. 16
By Helen Ford Wallace
| Published: December 16, 2012
JOINT HOLIDAY EVENT
Party: Members of the Oklahoma County Medical Society and OCMS Alliance had a holiday party at Rococo. New members were special guests. Kathy Bookman is alliance president, and Dr. Tomas P. Owens is OCMS president.
Seen: Dennis and Donna Parker, Fred and Mary Delafield, Don and Geneva Murray, Troy and Jennifer Tortorici, and Mason and Barbara Jett were among the people at the party.
New officers: Alliance officers Suzanne Reynolds, president; Amy Bankhead, president-elect; Paula Scott, secretary; Hilda Kurkjian, treasurer; Keith Oehlert, treasurer-elect, and incoming board members are Kaisa Wallis, Marni Sigmon, Angela Chambers, Elissa Norwood, and Michele Davey. OCMS officers are Dr. Julie Strebel Hager, president-elect; Dr. C. Douglas Folger, vice president; and Dr. Don L. Wilber, secretary-treasurer. Incoming board members are Dr. Joseph C. Broome, Dr. J. Samuel Little, Dr. Don Murray and Dr. Louis Chambers.
TEE IT UP FOR CHRISTMAS LUNCH
Luncheon: Ladies 9-Hole and 18-Hole Golf Association members of the Oklahoma City Golf & Country Club met for the Christmas luncheon at the Club. A string trio from Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics entertained the golfers. Poinsettias decorated the tables.
Officers: Officers were elected for both groups. For the 18-hole group, they are Jill Dobbins, president; Becky Denny, vice president; Melody Brown, secretary/treasurer; Vicki English, sports chairman; Julie Hall, past president, and Shirley Everest, Sharon Wade and Kandy Norick, tournament chairmen. For the 9-hole group, officers are Linda Bonebrake, president; Kay Bass, vice president; Karen Browne, secretary; Ellen Morgan, treasurer, and Ellen Lisle, past president.
Event: Students in grades 6-12 at First Christian Church in Edmond held their 17th annual Snow Ball, dressing this year as to match the theme of Candyland.
Activities: Truffle-making, gingerbread houses, s'mores and candy-related games.
Seen: “Lord Licorice” Mark Taylor, associate minister of student ministries at the church; Kaci Taylor as the Candyland game board; The Rev. Greg Bunton, associate minister of student ministries, as the boy game piece; Anna Lisa Stanley; Emily Tompkins, 11; Carolina Judd, 12; Robbi Kinnaird as “Jolly”; Bennett, 13, Ella Brinkman, 11; Beth Anne, 18; Jack, 16; and Theo, 12, Kinnaird; Rachel, 17, Kaitlyn, 14, Jimmy, 12, Wood; Jaxon Humphrey, 13.
Helping out: Partygoers brought items for the Hope Center in Edmond.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAU
Party: Beau Stephenson was honored at a 40th birthday party. His wife, Kate Stephenson, was the hostess. Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres were on the menu.
Share this on Facebook
Videoview all videos
Dec 13A number of artists have created special pieces for the...