U.S. school safety stats
BY THE NUMBERS
Public school safety in U.S.
Videoview all videos
Dec 14A man opened fire inside the Connecticut elementary...
Photoview all 47 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
• 84: percent of schools that have written safety plans for shooter scenarios, compared to 95 percent of schools with written plans for natural disasters.
• 52: percent of schools that have students go through drills for shooter scenarios, compared to 82 percent that drill for natural disasters.
• 89: percent of schools that have limited access to the building.
• 45: percent of schools that have limited public access to school grounds.
• 2: percent of schools that have daily metal detector checks.
• 27: percent of schools that have a daily police or security presence.
• 52: percent of schools that have security cameras.
SOURCE: U.S. Education Department
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 39102Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15291Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9778Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9437Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9040Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7843Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7624Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister