Deaconess plans weight loss sessions
Deaconess Hospital, in partnership with the Weight Loss Center of Oklahoma, will offer free weight loss seminars twice per month beginning in January 2013. Seminars will be held on the second Tuesday of each month and the fourth Monday of each month from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
The seminars are instructed by Dr. Russell Gornichec, Medical Director of the Weight Loss Center of Oklahoma. Dr. Gornichec will describe the three types of bariatric surgeries offered at Deaconess Hospital: Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding, Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass, Duodenal Switch and Sleeve Gastrectomy.
He will also go into detail about the robotic assisted surgery option, using the da Vinci robot. The seminar also covers insurance requirements for surgery and medical weight loss.
Tuesday seminars will be held at Deaconess Medical Office Building North, 5701 N Portland Avenue on the lower level. Monday seminars will be held at Deaconess Hospital, 5501 N Portland Avenue in the Legacy Conference Room. Reservations are required. To learn more, or to make a reservation, please call 604-4444.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13704Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13572OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9488Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7226Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6986Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5704Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5041Student shot dead during botched home invasion